A basic cake with a Lavender touch to make it more special. As a plus, the kitchen will have a nice smell…
There are no weights for the ingredients, you can use the yoghurt as measure. It couldn’t be easier!
- 1 Natural Yoghurt (the small ones, 125gr.).
- 1 Yoghurt measure of White Sugar.
- 1 Yoghurt measure of Sunflower Oil.
- 3 Yoghurt measures plain Flour.
- 3 Eggs.
- Zest from 1 Lemon.
- 2 Tea spoons Baking Powder.
- 1 Tea spoon Vanilla Extract.
- 1 Tea spoon Lavender flowers.
- A pinch of salt.
Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
Put in a bowl the eggs and sugar. Whisk with the hand mixer for a couple of minutes, until it catches some volume. Add the sunflower oil and mix. Add the yoghurt, lemon zest, and Vanilla extract. Keep mixing for 30 seconds.
Pre heat the oven at 175 degrees.
Now add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix with the hand mixer until smooth.
Put the mix in a rounded tin cake previously spread with some butter and sprinkled with flour. Sprinkle some white sugar and Lavender flowers on top.
Bake for around 35 minutes. Let it cool down on a rack.